Dairy and Deli
At Thornes we stock Trewithen Cornish milk and cream. We offer a variety of cheese and yoghurts from Curworthy Cheese, Stockbeare Farm. There is a wide range of cheeses from Taw Valley and goats cheese from Norsworthy Dairy, Crediton.
Fresh eggs are supplied directly from Black Dog Eggs
We stock Salcombe Dairy ice cream and chocolate, and Baboo Gelato.
We offer a selection of Jams and Chutneys from Waterhouse Fayre, Burlescombe and Devon Honey from Cadeleigh.
Our delicious range of breads, scones and baps are baked at Oliver’s Bakery in Crediton.
Our popular pies, sausage rolls and pasties come from Farmhouse Pies and Pasties, Ellerhayes.
We offer fresh meat from Cox’s Butchers in Crediton and Free Range poultry from The Creedy Carver.
Let us know if you require any particular cuts or joints and we can order them for you.
Teas and Coffees
We stock a selection of teas, coffees and hot chocolate from Miles, Porlock.
We stock a range of cider, ales and lager from Sandford Orchard, Hanlons, Utopian, Black Taw Brewery and Shandyshack. Our selection of spirits is from, Dartmoor Gin, Pocketful of Stones, Black Taw Rum and Devon Rum Company. We stock local wine from Yearlings as well as a vast selection of continental wine.
Handicrafts – we pride ourselves in stocking as many local craftspeople as we can, all within 20 miles of the shop.
– Tess Grant – Ceramics
– Love to Make – Jewellery & Driftwood
– Hearts & Crafts – Handmade cushions, aprons, doorstops, bunting
– Pinks and Greens – Suzi Yates, Devon Artist
– Brittledown Designs – Silver Jewellery
– O. Martyn Photography – Cards, Mugs and colouring books
– Jenni’s Cards – Homemade cards and picture frames
– Flowershed – Dried Flowers
– Sylvawood Seeds
– The Little Gail Company – hand crafted gifts and accessories made using recycled materials
– Lisa’s Glass – Stained glass and hand etched glass
– Alice Duthie – Art Prints
Shop open Monday to Saturday 9.00-5.00
Closed now on Sundays until next season 2024.